Having access to information is essential for field crews that investigate excavation requests. Responsible for marking each site with stakes, paint or other identifiable materials these field crews rely heavily on two bits of information: the one call ticket and maps. Dig-Smart Locator was released in 2014 to deliver these two bits in a uniquely designed, easy-to- use interface that provides access to an electronic version of the ticket with the best digital maps available. Product highlights include:
- ESRI INTERFACE
- FINGER SWIPE AND GESTURING
- ONLINE AND OFFLINE FUNCTIONALITY
- SECURITY MANAGEMENT
- REALTIME ACCESS TO PUBLISHED MAPS AND TICKETS
- POSITIVE RESPONSE
- ROUTING & GPS
Designed for use with today’s tablets, the Locator application delivers management and performance in an unparalleled way by leveraging Esri technology for landbase maps, utility maps and aerial photos while pulling the source data directly from ArcGIS Server or ArcGIS Online. As a result, field crews are provided with:
- Real-time access to the most current asset maps
- Overlays (commonly called layering)
- Redline, measure and sketch tools
- Finger-swipe for functions such as pan, zoom, scroll, etc.
- Visualizing the excavation bounding box (if) provided by the one call center
- Direct access to the call center positive response library of codes
- GPS detection and vehicle routing
In addition to the mapping interface, the application provides extensive data collection tools for notating and media capture:
- Activating the device camera directly from the mapping interface
- Sort and manage tickets based on fields such: ticket type, date start, date received, etc.
- Track total time and total labor time using automated or manual inputs
- Type notes specific to the excavation site, ticket number or incident event
- PLUS MORE!