Dig-Smart Enterprise – The ultimate GIS-based solution and industry standard for enterprise-wide ticket management.
Dig-Smart Enterprise provides an organization with state-of-the-art mapping-based technology that can achieve advanced analysis, ticket assignment and sorting, support various database integration points and various work order system inclusions and incorporate mobile platforms for locating crews in the field.
Dig-Smart Enterprise is the flagship product of Dig-Smart, LLC which has been helping utilities across North America manage daily ticket operations inside of an enterprise GIS.
The GIS-Centric Approach
- Utilize your existing GIS to manage locates
- Map each ticket automatically based on it’s address information
- Develop “push-pin” maps for all tickets received
- NAGCS® certified software guaranteeing its ease of integration with your data and existing framework.
- Use the industry-leading GIS software ArcGIS® as the platform for all ticket analysis.
- The contents of each incoming ticket are extracted and pushed into a database allowing the ticket to interact with mapping.
- A mapping-based overlay environment allows each ticket to be analyzed against the existing datasets for your jurisdiction.
- A spatially intelligent buffer is generated for each ticket site allowing end-users to visualize the proximity of a dig to the operator’s underground facilities.
- End-users are provided with a “recommended” course of action based on this spatial intelligence (i.e. Site Requires Stake-Out or Site All-Clear).
- Ticket locations are generated using advanced geocoding technologies, stored locally.
- Using GIS-based data such as a geographic look-up zone, tickets can be sorted based on territories, quadrants, zones, municipality or any other geographic-determining factor.
- The management and assignment of tickets can also be achieved by utility type; allowing electric to see electric tickets only and water to see water tickets only, etc.
- If no look-up zone or type assignment is available, tickets can be simply printed, faxed, emailed or saved.
- Dig-Smart Enterprise is designed to work with a number of RDBMS vendors including MS SQL Server® and Oracle™.
- All tickets received are managed inside of a grid with the grid being a table-based display of each ticket request received by your organization.
- After the grid interacts with the ticket, geographic coordinates (x/y) are generated and stored directly and permanently in the database.
- The database can be accessed and pinged by reporting software to produce comprehensive and merged reports which calculate labor costs per ticket and overall ticket processing performance.
- Archive retrieval is performed inside of the database allowing any action taken on any ticket from any point in history to be queried and displayed.
- Multiple users are accessing the database simultaneously is supported at this level.
Permissions Control and Management
- Dig-Smart Administrators can define multiple levels of users via a database controlled, user permissions console.
- Multiple users can access the database at a time.
Dig-Smart Field Integration Option
- Dig-Smart Enterprise can be bundled with Dig-Smart Field which provides a comprehensive and easy-to-use mobile solution for field crews to check-in and check-out tickets directly to a Tablet PC or laptop.
- Using the various options for ticket assignments, field crews can download tickets specific to territories, quadrants, zones, municipality or any other geographic-determining factor.
- Field crew comments, field photos, employee time spent and other data captured directly in the field can be pushed back to the Dig-Smart Enterprise database using advanced synchronization.
View Field Product Highlights
Dig-Smart SMS Integration Option
- Allows for static text messaging of Emergency alerts over common cell phone carriers.
- When Emergency tickets arrive, text messages are sent automatically by Dig-Smart SMS (while communicating with Dig-Smart Enterprise) to the designated cell phones of line locators.
Azteca Systems ™ Cityworks® Integration Option
Utility operators who own or posses a valid license of both Cityworks and Dig-Smart Enterprise can easily integrate the two independent NAGCS Certified solutions into one seamless system. By going through 4 simple steps, users will have the ability to utilize Dig-Smart Enterprise for its sophisticated ticket management while performing a database handshake to Cityworks’ cutting edge CMMS. Synchronization between the 2 databases occurs behind the scenes of and users can generate work orders with 1 click of a button in Dig-Smart Enterprise. This unique function is available at Cityworks v4.3 and later and has been available since 2006.
- GIS datasets being used by both Cityworks and Dig-Smart Enterprise must contain a few key attribute fields that can be easily created.
- A few custom fields must be created and added using Cityworks DBA
- The domain “STAKE” must be activated in Cityworks
- Within Dig-Smart Enterprise users must activate the Cityworks setting in the settings control.
iWater, Inc’s InfraMap® Integration Option
Dig-Smart, LLC and iWater, Inc have also teamed up to provide a seamless integration point for users wishing to have full GIS capabilities in the field linked to ticket management. InfraMap provides a full mobile GIS solution designed with utility operators in mind. The software supports routing, red-lining, asset queries, hyper-linking, Cityworks integration and all of the traditional tools of a full service GIS.
Each ticket assigned for field verification is downloaded by InfraMap software loaded on a tablet PC or laptop.
End users of InfraMap can add comments and post data specific to the ticket and the dig site. Advanced synchronization processes occur allowing data from InfraMap to populate the Dig-Smart Enterprise database and the Enterprise Geodatabase.
Route generation is embedded into InfraMap allowing stake-out required tickets to be sorted and routed based on geography and efficiency.
- Utilities wishing to manage separate departments within the same organization can deploy multiple stages within Dig-Smart Enterprise. Staging allows for complex configuration differences in the same organization but where the organization’s workflow prohibits the departments from communicating. Staging technology is advanced but can be most helpful to utilities who must cope with managing multiple departments who are independent of one another but part of the same organization.
Within both Dig-Smart Professional and Dig-Smart Enterprise are several components which comprise the software. These individual components perform various functions onto their own but when combined into the Professional or Enterprise solution, they are known as the Dig-Smart (Professional or Enterprise) “Family of Products.”
This component is the actual integration point and main user interface in the ArcMap® environment. Registered as an ESRI™ extension, Dig-Smart Analyzer allows users to have direct access into the GIS.
Dig-Smart Tools works in conjunction with Dig-Smart Analyzer and provides administrative controls and settings which impact the Dig-Smart Analyzer environment. Only a Dig-Smart Administrator is granted access to the Dig-Smart Tools component.
As the main control console for many functions of Dig-Smart, Dig-Smart Server serves as the gateway for all communication-related and database-related aspects of the software. Dig-Smart Server’s subcomponents control electronic positive response, inbound ticket retrieval, database schema management and data extraction.
Dig-Smart Analyzer comes with out-of-the-box reporting generation technology. Using simple to use forms, users can generate a number of different table-based reports. In addition, ticket data can be exported directly to MS Excel as well as to ESRI™ Shapefiles or Feature Classes. This function makes Dig-Smart Reports the most advanced ticket reporting software anywhere by proving full GIS-based and administrative-based reporting capabilities.
Sample Administrative Report | Feature Class Generation Form
<-- Back to Product Listings